Friday, February 27, 2009

I Feel Like I Should Be Doing Something About It..I Think I Got Angry.

Maybe angry wasn't the word for it. Maybe it was aggrivated or upset. Or a mix of all of them.

When Bob Wigginton came into our class today as a guest speaker, I guess I didn't expect him to be AS passionate as he was. Maybe I just didn't think about it hard enough before he came in.

He was a reporter for about 24 years so I guess one would have to assume that he was passionate and cared about his art of journalism. I can only imagine his inspiration from reading the Washington Post during the Watergate scandal.

Still though, when he was speaking to us before we could ask questions I felt...just upset I guess. Like when he said that in the past two years over 6,000 journalists have lost their jobs I felt like saying "And...? What am I supposed to do about it?!"

I realize we are Gen Y and we will be in control of and running the majority of this crazy government pretty soon, but thinking about all of the other problems in this economy is just making my mind feel like it's going in a blender and it's not going to stop spinning.

I Don't Read Newspapers.
Newspapers do form a connection with the outside world..but I also believe that CNN does too.
I honestly and knowingly recieve more of my news information from television because my tv is literally always on when I'm in my room. I find it easier to do something else at the same time the news is on and that's what our generation's becoming about: multi-tasking.

I would rather be studying and listening to the news and then stopping what I'm doing if it catches my attention than dedicating 20-30 minutes reading a newspaper a day. It's my preference.

I don't take anything he said though for granted. I consider him to be a very informed, intelligent man. Things are just changing. Times are just changing.

Maybe when I'm a little older I will be wanting to pick up a newspaper more, but I'm not sure.

Actually, I think I felt guilty after this because before I walked to my next class I picked up the latest copy of The Legacy...

No comments:

Post a Comment